Hypnobirthing Twins is TOTALLY a thing!
In 2017, I used my knowledge and skills as a Hypnobirthing Australia™ & Hypnobubs® Childbirth Educator to birth my twin babies. My birth was AH-MAZING, it truly was, so amazing that I’m still on a high (and I don’t think I’m coming down any time soon).
If your ‘Woo Meter’ is pinging, I urge you not to be put off by the ‘hypno’ part of hypnobirthing. The program I teach is down-to-earth, evidence-based, current, and relevant…even to mamas birthing twins.
One-On-One twin specific consult with me
Twin birth is birth. There’s a whole lot of twin birth preparation that is like singleton birth preparation, but…then there’s the stuff not covered that is specific to carrying and birthing twins. That’s where I come in! I recommend completing the online Hypnobubs® childbirth preparation program (or a face-to-face class with your nearest practitioner) and then UPGRADING to a one-on-one consult with me.
Some of the things we could cover in the one-on-one consult are:
- clarify any elements of the online training;
- answer any additional questions you may have;
- talk about your specific options for twin birth;
- work on your twin birth preferences;
- develop strategies to work towards your positive twin birth;
- discuss how to navigate the policies and protocols you have been presented;
- and so much more!
I will work with you to ensure that you are feeling positive, informed, and confident in the lead up to your twin birth.
Evidence-based Childbirth Education
Options for ALL types of birth
Packages starting from $199
Various course options to choose from, including topics such as:
- Our brain is ‘wired’ to birth
- Mind/body connection
- How fear can affect birth
- Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
- Re-programming our mind
- Maintaining a positive mindset
- The language of birth & affirmations
- How to use self-hypnosis
Toolkit for Birth
- Facial relaxation
- Relaxation Breathing
- Surge Breathing
- The ‘urge’ to push/bear down
- Visualizations for birth
- Birth music, aromatherapy, smell
- Instant ways to relax deeply
- Self-hypnosis techniques
Knowledge is Power
- Reading and research
- ‘Guess dates’, inductions & achieving a natural start to labour
- How do I know I’m in labour?
- Labor progression
- Positions for birthing
- Undisturbed bonding, breastfeeding time, skin to skin
- Birthing the placenta
Support & Choices
- Birth Preferences
- Choosing supportive caregivers
- Birth partner’s role (& cheat sheet)
- Using touch to release endorphins
- Creating a special birth space
- Special circumstances (including cesarean)
- Breech or posterior positioned babies
- Rehearsal for birth
Preparation is the Key
- Maintaining a healthy diet
- Staying active during pregnancy
- Routine for practice – repetition, repetition, repetition
- Maintaining the mindset for empowered birthing
- Releasing fears
- Empowerment practical exercise
- Exclusive videos containing real birth footage of REAL hypnobubs parents. Get ready to be inspired, BIG TIME!
- The Gentle/Family Friendly Caesarean
- Baby’s microbiome
- Tips for a healthy recovery
- eBook, mp3s, and birth footage for caesarean birth